At KPM, we recognize that there is a broad spectrum of companies in the Technology and Life Sciences arena ranging from green biotech start-ups, to emerging growth software companies, to mature multinational pharma corporations. Our Business Ideas at Worksm philosophy mandates that we take the time to understand the nuances of every company and work with each client individually to identify and meet their distinct business challenges and allow you to focus on what you do best – running and growing a thriving business.
R&D Insights from Massachusetts Technology Resources
Living in the midst of Massachusetts’ renowned educational and R&D resources gives us insight and access to some of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the world. The technology and life sciences industries continue growing at an unprecedented rate and KPM strives to accelerate the success of our clients by helping them to respond to the marketplace, and by identifying and reducing risk and vulnerability in every area of business, providing guidance throughout a company’s life cycle—from start-up and development to exit.
Technology and Life Sciences Start-ups
All business strategy starts with planning – identifying value, creating advantages, understanding customer needs, and defining market opportunities. KPM’s Technology and Life Sciences Practice Group has the experience to help entrepreneurs build compelling and successful business models from the ground up.
We work hand-in-hand with start-up companies to:
- Determine Business Structure
- Build and refine their business plans
- Prepare financial forecasts
- Determine cash infusion needs
- Select proper capital and debt structures
- Develop scalable business strategies
Most importantly, we help our clients evaluate and articulate a dynamic business model during the start-up phase and create a roadmap for a company’s development and, ultimately, its success.
Emerging Growth Companies in Technology & Life Science
Putting a stake in the ground is one thing, but once you’ve hung your shingle out, an entirely new world of possibilities and challenges begins to emerge. Do you seek more capital to expand the company? Maybe take on a partner? Perhaps seek a liquidity event and move to the beach?
KPM is here to help our emerging growth clients:
- Identify and respond to competitive forces
- Access tax incentives such as R&D credits
- Create and maintain bookkeeping and accounting systems
- Implement budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Determine staffing and compensation packages
- Evaluate insurance needs
- Prepare business valuations
- Determine business succession plans
As our clients grow and prosper, we do, too. It’s a simple formula for mutual success.
Mature Technology and Life Science Companies
The pace of innovation in the worlds of technology and life sciences demands an ever more heightened level of attention to detail, as organizations must act quickly to maintain their competitive edge. Helping our clients capitalize on that edge is perhaps the single most important thing we do. From assurance services to management and IT consulting, we enable entrepreneurs to manage change in this incredibly dynamic industry.
Technology and Life Science Service Offerings
No matter what stage your business is in, KPM’s Technology and Life Sciences Practice Group has a unique portfolio of services that will help bring your business ideas to fruition.
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations and Agreed Upon Procedures
- Pension and Employee Benefit Audits
- Tax Compliance and Preparation
- Fraud Prevention and Investigation
- Internal Audit
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Reorganizations and Restructuring
- IT Advisory
- Financial Systems/ERP Requirements
- Business Process Review
- Manage business partnerships
- Leverage “Big Four” relationships by preparing the company internally for audit
- Ensure tax compliance during entry into new markets